CANYONING NEAR NEWCASTLE
Scramble along rocky edges, splash into deep pools, and slide down waterfalls
The North Pennines isn't all about the beautiful scenery! Just an hour's drive from Newcastle, it's also full of adventure and the perfect location for an adrenaline-pumping canyoning experience!
Canyoning - also known as gorge walking - is an extreme version of ghyll scrambling and makes for an amazing, adrenaline-fuelled adventure activity!
£70 per person
Get ready to climb, slide and swim your way down canyons and gorges with this action-packed outdoor activity!
With zip-wires, abseils, plunges, and more, canyoning isn't for the faint of heart! Perfect for groups from 2 to 20, this is a great adventure whatever your age. Whether you're after family-friendly fun, are planning an epic stag or hen do, or are simply looking for something different to try with your mates, then canyoning should be your top choice!
Meeting you at Ashgill in Alston, we'll have all the safety equipment ready to kit you out and keep you safe and warm. Once you've got helmet and wetsuit on, get ready to jump straight into the action! From the outset, canyoning will be a thrilling experience that you'll remember forever!
Looking for a gentler experience that's just as fun? Take a look at our ghyll scrambling activity, also taking place at Ashgill.
Come and join North East Adventures for this action-packed experience!
- Location: Ashgill, Alston, North Pennines (1hr 10mins from Newcastle)
- Minimum age: 8 years old
- Minimum group size: 2
- Maximum group size: 20
- You will need laced shoes, towel, shorts and bathing costume
- Wetsuits and quality safety equipment are provided
- Price: £70 per person (group discounts may apply)
- Length of activity: We advise allowing at least 3 hours for your experience. This includes pre-arrival time, your session on the water (including an activity assessment) and time to change afterwards.